I LOVE PASTA! It’s probably one of the most versatile, inexpensive and hearty ways to feed a family. It’s wonderful that there are so many healthy varieties of pasta available today, so that health conscious people are not left feeling guilty about the “refined white stuff” and people with sensitivities to gluten can also enjoy delicious pasta dishes.
This dish is infused with incredible flavours! The ‘meaty’ prawns and sweet caramelized asparagus infused with the savoury tastes of garlic, chilli flakes, lemon and olive oil, will send your taste buds soaring to a very happy place! Enjoy it!
- 20 medium prawns, de-veined, with shell on or off (keeping the shell on impacts more flavour into the shrimp, but messier to eat afterward)
- 1 (16oz) pkg. Spaghettini, Linguine or any other thin pasta of choice, boiled until al dente and drained
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- zest from one lemon
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- parmesan cheese, grated or shaved, to serve
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange prawns in a single layer in the skillet using tongs. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, remove and set aside on a plate. Then add the garlic, red chilli flakes, asparagus and a sprinkle of salt. Saute until asparagus has slightly caramelized. Add the prawns back into the skillet adding the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and remainder of the oil. Stir and saute for a couple of minutes. Turn the heat to low and add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing to work the ingredients into the pasta. Serve with parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.