This simple and inexpensive stuffed mushroom appetizer (orektiko) will surely impress your guests at your next dinner party!
- 20 button mushrooms, brushed clean
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 roma tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Remove all stems from mushrooms. Puree half of the mushroom stems with the garlic, until smooth. Mix in olive oil, dill, parsley, diced tomatoes, feta, salt and pepper. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and spoon mixture into the centres. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in a 350 degree F. oven until mushrooms become golden. Enjoy!