Sweet, stewed green beans, zucchini and potatoes are the ultimate summer Greek dish! A good salty piece of feta cheese, olives and crusty bread (for dipping in the sauce) almost always accompany this dish.
- 3 pounds green beans of choice, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 medium sized potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tbs. dill, chopped
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a medium size pot, over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a minute. Then add the green beans, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, parsley, mint and dill. Give those a stir and sauté or another couple of minutes. Add the water and season with salt and pepper. Bring liquid to a boil, then lower heat to medium low heat for 45 minutes.