Did you know that romaine lettuce has one of the highest levels of nutritional value of all lettuce varieties? It is rich in vitamin A, C, K, B’s, iron, omega 3, calcium, protein and minerals! Incorporating romaine lettuce to your diet can help treat and prevent a plethora of heath issues. So get chopping and try this simple and refreshing Marouli Salata recipe, that is bursting with flavour!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2/3 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 balsamic Vinegar or lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Combine lettuce, onions and dill in a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss into salad and enjoy!