This creamy, warming ‘risotto like’ dish, is bursting with savoury flavours and is very healthy to boot!
- 1 large bunch of spinach, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dill, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup rice (arborio or long grain work great!), washed well
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large heavy bottom pot, warm the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until soft. Stir in the spinach, dill, mint and parsley. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir in rice and stock or water. Turn up the heat and let it come to a boil. When it comes to a boil lower heat to medium and let it continue to boil until most of the liquid has evaporated. Incorporate the lemon juice and adjust seasoning to taste.